Monday, June 29, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge Week 2: Dare to Dream!

Hello, Everyone!

I'm a little late posting this, but I'm back for week 2 of the TpT Seller Challenge hosted by Teach Create MotivateThird in HollywoodPeppy Zesty Teacherista, and Sparkling in Second. This time, I'm blogging about my hopes and dreams for my TpT store.  I can't believe it's been almost three years since I started my journey on TpT.  It's been a wonderful experience so far and I can't wait to see where the next three years takes me!

So here are some of my BIG DREAMS for my TpT store.



1. Become a better teacher and writer

Working on my store has been some of the best professional development I've ever taken part in.  As a teacher, creating my products has made me consider resources in ways I had never before done.  How do I make sure they are engaging?  How do I make them interactive?  What if a student needs additional challenge? What if s/he needs more support?  As my products have improved, so has my teaching. I'm sure that process will continue as I continue to improve my store.

I've learned a LOT about technology throughout this process.  I'm better at design. I've learned so much from other fantastic teacher-authors here on TpT.  This community is collaboration at it's best! I'm looking forward to learning more as I continue to grow as a teacher.

Because of my store, I'm writing more now than I have in years.  I rediscovered my love of poetry and I know that -- just as I tell my students -- the more I write the better writer I become.

2. Get out of debt

With student loans, credit cards, car payment, and my mortgage, I like most other U.S. consumers struggle with debt.  Sometimes, stretching my teacher paycheck to pay all of the bills was a bit of a challenge.  One of the reasons that I started my store was the vague hope that I'd bring in a little extra money. Well, it is just a little right now, but I have hope!  As my store grows, I hope to pay off some or all of my debt. 

3. Travel

I have a Pinterest Board called Places I'd Love To Go!  Wouldn't it be wonderful if my TpT income allowed me to visit some of them?!

Blarney Castle, Ireland - one of the Places I'd Love To Go!

4. Make Home Improvements

I've got a list of ways I'd like to improve my home: make home repairs; remodel the bathroom and kitchen; add a fence; and create an outdoor living area.  As my store grows, I hope to cross off a few of the items on that list. 

So, that's it.  Not such extraordinary dreams.  Just small things that I can actually see happening (I hope!).

What are your dreams? Make sure you check out the other bloggers to find out what they are working toward. 

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts about becoming a better writer. I just started my blog and in just a few posts, I feel like I'm getting into a writing style.

    Thanks for sharing your dreams!

    Danielle
    The Crescent City Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE goal #1

    I have a lot of my students do activities where they get their work out of my classroom. I believe it makes them better. Equally, I believe putting my lessons out there makes them better :)

    ReplyDelete