BlogLovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Email Pinterest Facebook Image Map

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Scoop

I'm enjoying some beautiful weather for our first spring weekend in North Carolina.  After all the rain and cold, I'm definitely ready for some warm weather.

Today, I'm linking up with Teaching Trio for my first Sunday Scoop. 


Have to do:

Why, oh why, do I always let my grading stack up? It's getting close to report card time and I have about six assignments that I haven't graded yet.  That means some late nights are coming up if I don't get myself busy. 

Even though my New Year's Resolution was to make sure lesson planning was done by Thursday so that I could enjoy my Sundays, I am still spending Sunday evenings finalizing my plans.  Sigh. There's just too much to do during the week and I can't seem to get it all done.  Maybe one day I'll get everything organized and be able to stick to a schedule.  A girl can dream, right?

Weekends mean laundry for me. Usually I am able to get it all done on Saturdays, but I spent yesterday doing my taxes.  Yay, at least that's done!  But it means that today is also laundry day.  I just heard the dryer buzzer as I was typing this.  Be right back.

Hope to do:

I love writing poetry for children (as you've probably guessed if you've purchased any of my products). My newest product will be a Poem of the Week pack.  I'm writing 40 new poems and putting them together with directions and forms for a complete Poem of the Week program.  If you have any ideas for poetry topics you'd like me to include, I'm open to suggestions. :)

As I mentioned in my opening, we are enjoying some beautiful weather this weekend. I'm hoping to get outside for a walk and then work on preparing my garden for some planting over spring break in a couple of weeks.  I'm glad we have extra daylight time.  Otherwise, there's no way I'd be able to do either one of these.

Happy to do:

I'm so glad to have an outlet mall near my house.  There's a Christopher & Banks store there that I just love. Did you know they offer a teacher discount?  Anyway, I'll be leaving the house soon to go on a short shopping trip with my mom.  It's time to freshen up my spring wardrobe!

It's just another busy Sunday!  I'm so glad our Spring Break is only a couple of weeks away.  9 more school days and a teacher workday to go.  Not that I'm counting. :)

Make sure you visit all the other great blogs in the link-up to see what other teachers are up to.


Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, outlet shopping - how I love thee! I have 2 outlet stores within 1.5 hours from my house. I should go more often:) There is always too much to do during the week! At my school, we have an early dismissal on Friday (1pm) so teachers can meet and plan collaboratively. Even with an extra two hours, only once was I able to plan my lessons for the following week;)
    Enjoy your Sunday!
    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete